He opened the jar of pickles when no one else could.
He was the only one in the house who wasn't afraid to go into the basement by himself.
He cut himself shaving, but no one kissed it or got excited about it.
It was understood when it rained, he got the car and brought it around to the door.
He was dad: strong, fearless, and brave.
~Erma Bombeck
My father and I operate from opposite sides of the brain. He's a left-brained, detailed-oriented, hardworking, grounded, dependable engineer. I'm a right-brained, flighty, imaginative, pain-in-the-butt, creative artist-writer. Most of the time I think he is just dumbfounded that I can expend so many words in such a short amount of time without saying anything. Yet, I have never, for a single moment, doubted his love for me and his desire to be the best father possible. He is a true gift from the Lord, and I am wholeheartedly grateful for him. Here are a few snapshots of us through the years.

~Garrison Keillor



The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage.
A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when he has a daughter and she puts her arm over his shoulder and says, 'Daddy, I need to ask you something,' he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan.



Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you!
Your One & Only,
Laura K.
3 comments:
I believe God gives Otters to Beavers so that both lives are enhanced, sometimes, in ways that neither may fully understand or appreciate.
I love you too, Dad
As far as On.a.Whim comments go, this is by far the best! Love you Dad!
Love seeing the childhood pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment