This has been a busy Saturday morning complete with a photo shoot at Mt. Laurel's farmer's market for the next issue of Shelbyco magazine. One of my favorite aspects of being a journalist is the truly amazing and unique individuals I have the opportunity to meet.
And today that person was Mrs. LindaKaye Carmack, registered Alabama beekeeper and co-owner with husband Jimmy of Pure Alabama Honey. The Mrs. and Mr. split Saturday mornings selling their delicious homegrown spun honey at various local farmer's markets. It was a delight to hear LindaKaye share about her passion for beekeeping. Turns out, it was through beekeeping that she met Jimmy six years ago. They even got married in their bee suits!
Here are some pictures I snapped of LindaKaye's booth.
Now, on to other matters of business. Thanks for all the responses for this month's giveaway. I truly enjoyed learning what everyone is reading this summer. The lucky lady whose name is drawn will receive the following part memoir, part cookbook which I've loved reading and rereading:

+
An Anthropologie Homegrown Monogram Mug with the winner's first-name initial.

So, you wanna know who she is??
I'll give you a hint...
Here's a neat little story about how I know Galen. We were actually best friends in middle school until her family was relocated to Germany. Turns out, she's been in the same city as me for the past five years, but we were completely unaware. We recently reconnected after Galen found me on Facebook and then started following On.a.Whim.
Congratulations Galen; we'll have to meet up for coffee or a walk/jog so you can claim your prize!
*To all you other lovely ladies - thanks again for taking part in the giveaway, and please try again next month when On.a.Whim will be giving away something that will help you stay, cool, refreshed and healthy through the summer heat.
2 comments:
How awesome!! Laura, I am so glad we reconnected and I can't wait to meet up and claim my prize. Let's plan something soon! :)
Absolutely! I'm so happy we've reconnected as well!
Post a Comment