
Last week I had the privilege to join a team captain meeting for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at Birmingham's American Cancer Society headquarters. It was truly inspiring to gather with women of all sizes, ages, races and backgrounds who are unified by a common cause: defeating breast cancer. One woman wore a T-shirt that said: "Yes, they're fake. My real ones tried to kill me!" A pretty brunette who couldn't have been five years older than me shared her story of her surprising diagnosis. And, I learned that men can get breast cancer too; who knew?!
I left that evening so excited to start training for the morning of October 9th when thousands of women and men will gather in Linn Park for the 2010 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
If you'd like to race, but don't want to start by yourself, join Team Lakeshore! We'd love to have you along. Or, if you'd like to donate towards our team's fundraising efforts to find a cure for breast cancer, click here.
We started our four-week 5K training plan today with an easy 25-minute walk. I plan to run the same amount after work. If you're looking for an easy four-week training guide, you can download it from this page.
Alright, that's all for now. Have a wonderful Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment