Whenever time allows, I like to spend a portion of Sunday evenings thinking over the past week and mentally preparing for the next. So often I get in such a hurry that I forget to be thankful and consider all the little blessed moments from the week past. Here is the Cliff Notes of mine; a completely random mix of highlights from the past seven days.
The week started off on an especially good one because I was able to share an early a.m. breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe with one of my oldest & dearest, Christy. Over her Smoked Salmon and my Garden Fresh omelette we caught up on the past couple of months of our lives. Christy, who is also a writer, lives in Charleston with her hubby Fraser. She will be rolling out her new blog very soon, and I'll be sure to share it.

Good news: I've finally found an energy bar keeper. The gnu foods flavor & fiber bars are delicious, filling, have 12g of fiber (50% of your daily fiber needs), low on sugar and come in a variety of fun flavors including my favorite - Cinnamon Raisin Bar. Their website is pretty cool too. Click here to order a 7-pack sampler deal for a pretty sweet price and no shipping. I even tried refrigerating one of mine that had melted and it was extra yummy.Entering Week 2 of training for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Team Lakeshore is up to 19 runners! Woo hoo! I'm so excited about our team and proud of everyone who has trained whether on their own or with our group. Tomorrow is the last day to join our team on October 9th at 9 a.m. To register, click here.
It's amazing what a difference the midweek runs make on the long Saturday a.m. one. This fall weather is only making me want to run more. Looking forward to payday this Friday so I get finally get some new running shoes. My old ones are looking particularly ratty.
Dad and I have decided to start meeting Tuesdays during lunchtime for coffee. In the past several years, I've spent far too little time getting to know the man who has loved me since birth, given me an education, a firm foundation in the Christian faith, and constant support. It's amazing how busy we sometimes are that we forget to spend quality time with the people who mean the most to us! So this has been a really special time to hang out and share what's going on in our lives. Here we are sharing Starbucks over our time in Proverbs.
Because he was confused at first, I had to explain to him the importance of us documenting this important moment. The lady at the table next to us was so nice to let me interrupt her long enough to take our photo!
Since I'm currently going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace, I'm trying extremely hard to cut back on the little things that add up and drain my checking account. So, that means, no more Starbucks (except on Fridays which are special) and striving to pack my lunches and breakfasts. It's also much easier to eat healthier when you prepare your own.
There's really no reason to go shopping these days without coupons; they're practically giving clothes away! Banana Republic, which I frequent, is really great about picking a day of the week (por exemplo: 40% off one item on Wednesdays) to provide super discounts. I'm also trying really hard to veer away from plastic water bottles a.) for the environment & b.) the expense. Keeping reusables filled with filtered water makes it easier to do so.
Last weekend she was the first female finisher in the XTerra Mt. Cheaha 10K trail run. I wasn't able to make it this year, but here's our finisher's pic from September '09. Congrats Blake!
The weekend was wonderful yet incredibly hectic as I bid my time working at an injured military camp at Lake Martin, driving up and down highway 280, and in Birmingham with my family. Jennifer and Zach came in town Friday night to celebrate her 30th. We shared the evening with delicious food at Bottega's. These men and women have endured hell for our freedom and will wear their battle wounds until the day they die. I am humbled by their journey, thankful for their service and honored to be a part of an organization that provides opportunities for them to reclaim many of the pieces that made them the people they were pre-injury.
And last, but certainly not least, I want to make a special birthday wish for Miss Kylie Murphree on her first birthday! I'm sad I wasn't able to be there for your special day but hope you were able to open your present in time. Love you! Auntie Laura




3 comments:
You are such a busy lady!! I'm happy I got to spend some quality time with you this past weekend, love you!
Kylie says thanks for the birthday wishes and I love my blabla doll!
Tell her she is most welcome, and I'm so happy it arrived on time!
Post a Comment