
Even though the temperature is hovering over 90, I'm unable to keep these in stock! Filled with rice and either lavender or chamomile tea, these natural heating sachets provide moist heat for aches and pains of all sorts. They are $15 a piece and come in a variety of fabrics.
JUST IN: My dear co-worker Beth is an avid gardener and has offered some of her fresh lavendar to me for the sachets! What a treat.
I would also like to share this delightful and descriptive testimonial by Mrs. Edna Grable with you:
It's been a bit warm lately, so I haven't needed [the heating sachet], but I decided to heat it up today anyway. (Didn't need it, but wanted to test drive it.) WOW!!! Not only does it feel wonderful as it is sitting on my neck and shoulders as I type, but the scent is absolutely scrumptious!! It's like having a pecan pie wrapped around my neck without the stickiness!! I know it was called a "sachet," but I hadn't expected the absolutely delicious scent...it's making me hungry for a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it!
I can't wait for winter, when I can "crank it up" in the microwave, and maybe put it under my covers just before bedtime. It will be like a bedtime snack in bed!
Thanks again!
Edna Grable
Let me know if you'd like to order your own heating sachet. They make lovely shower, Christmas, summer or anytime gifts!
***The On.a.Whim product website will be up and running by the end of Summer 2010!***
3 comments:
Sweet Chirp,
I thought I would let you know what my experience was like with one of your "neck sachets." After being a little frightened I would create smoke and sparks in my highly-flammable, non-fire-code-passing microwave, I was pleasantly surprised it survived. These creations are tough and durable! :)
Immediately I smelled the aromas of lavender, one of my favorites, and felt the delicate rice grains radiating their subtle heat. I took "my place" on the well-worn sofa, placed the "sachet" on my neck, and immediately experienced a taste of childhood. I'll explain - it reminded me of sitting on the sofa as a little girl and having my dad come in from work and put his hands on my shoulders. There is something safe about feeling your father's protective hands and their weight on your shoulder, and the sachet took me back to those days.
Thank you, Laura, for such a thoughtful, creative, personal, and "memory-inducing" gift.
Love you,
Whit
*Welcome to the "online retail world," "On.a.Whim!!!"
I can now make comments and I love these heating pads!! They are super cute!!
What a lovely memory Whitney! Thanks for sharing. Yay Cat! I'm so happy you're finally on board!
Post a Comment