Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple Cotton Curtains

My bedroom is a sea of white: white comforter, white shabby chic dresser, eggshell chairs and accessories. To break up the monotony, I wanted to pull out some blue from my teal wicker lounge chair. Easy panel curtains in a cheery blue proved to be the perfect enhancement to grace my single window.

This project was SO easy that anyone who has beginner-level sewing experience could do it.

First, I measured my window and found it to be 34x60 inches.

Cahaba Heights' In the Making has adorable cotton fabrics so I purchased 2 ½ yards of this bright blue print.

I cut out two 20x63 inch panels allowing enough room for 1-inch hems on the sides and bottoms

Then I measured, pressed and sewed down the side and bottom hems. Precise measurements are essential to assure both panels are exactly the same.

For the top portion of the curtains, I folded and sewed down 1.5 inches leaving enough room to slide the rods through.

I then slid the curtains on to the curtain rods.

And hung them up.
Don't look too closely to this picture; you may see how filthy my windows look!

See how easy this was? I knocked it out in two and a half hours while watching New Moon and eating taco salad with my roommate! A perfect Monday night project.

2 comments:

laura.murphree said...

Love the curtains! New Moon....who got you into watching the Twilight series?:)

Jennifer Womble said...

What beautiful curtains! I love your work little lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...