Winter 2010 did not play nice with me.
Extra hours at work, stress and the dark, cold months have left me with little motivation to workout and scarse time to plan a healthy diet. I've gained at least 10 lbs., destroyed my cardio capacity, am struggling to fit my booty into my jeans, and feel overall UNHEALTHY!
Well, all that nonsense is about to come to a screeching halt! Get ready for the all new On.a.Whim healthy lifestyle plan!
The organization I work for and promote provides exercise, fitness, recreation and competitive athletics to individuals with chronic illnesses and physical disabilities. How in the world can I promote something I'm not living out personally!
I'm hoping to lose 10, gain muscle tone and feel better overall by the end of June.
To do so, I'll need to eliminate meals like this:
and this into my everyday diet:
The good news is that the Pepper Place Farmer's Market is now in full swing, so I'll get to have fun and be creative with new healthy recipes and fresh fruits & veggies.I'm also going to need to do a whole lot more of this:
-at least 30 minutes of cardio 6xs a week
-weights once a week
-at least one yoga class/week.
I will not be purchasing any new clothes until the end of June or eating any fast food.
I'll be posting weekly blog updates about my progress.
Any best practices, encouragement and success stories would be greatly appreciated.
Here's to good health!

3 comments:
Way to be healthy little cricket!!
That first breakfast looked really good! You don't have to give it up entirely. Bob Green has a great recipe for fluffy, wheat pancakes that I put blueberries in that is FANTASTIC!!! It has yogurt in it and I put yogurt on top instead of sugar. I learned to eat better from the best:) I know you can do it!!! (As for me, I'm a lost cause until this baby gets here!)
Chirp,
You know my feelings. :)
http://www.oprah.com/health/An-Excerpt-from-Geneen-Roths-Women-Food-And-God
Post a Comment