Unless I’ve slept through my alarm clock and awake in a panic, throwing off my covers and rumbling about, most of my days begin the same way.
They start with a cup of coffee – preferably strong and steeped in flavored creamer – my Bible, and a bleary-eyed, open heart and mind.
In these early morning moments, I surrender the unfolding hours, recognizing my small, feeble nature. I invite Him to join in my day – the day it must be noted, He created and ordained.
It doesn’t seem like the best of trades for Him – all His goodness, perfection and righteousness in exchange for my inconsistences, fumblings and inadequacies, but I believe He accepts it nevertheless.
Perhaps He realizes that this is all I have to offer – my will, myself. He never seems to fail, trading with His daily grace.
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning."
~Lamentations 3:22&23
No comments:
Post a Comment