I have an absolutely terrible memory. My friend LMac is always telling me about the things we did in college of which I have no recollection. In some ways I guess that it is nice to have a very short-term memory – I rarely hold grudges and have no trouble living in the moment.
This summer I’ve been trying to memorize scripture, beginning with the first chapter of Colossians. I’m proud to say that I’ve made it through the first 14 verses, but let me assure you that it has not been without much frustration. I cannot focus my mind on memorization when it is in a million other places: what I want for dinner, what so-and-so meant by that, what I’m going to wear tomorrow, that I must remember to tell my landlord about spraying for bugs, etc. Because I’m visual, I’ve found that it works to associate images – thus the fruit below – with what I’m memorizing.
Have you found any memorization techniques that work for you? Can you commiserate with my scatterbrained, unfocused tendencies? I would love to hear what works for you!
"Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." ~Colossions 1:9 & 10

2 comments:
Well, I read it all and had a comment but I forgot what I was going to say...
Very cute Kat!
Post a Comment