Monday, February 14, 2011

A Special Valentine's Day

I hope you are enjoying this day of love – yet another opportunity to thank our gracious Father for bestowing upon us so many blessings including dear relationships that make the difficulties of life bearable and bring joy and laughter to our hearts. Already, this is the best On.a.Whim Valentine’s Day ever. Although I will not yet divulge the main reason for this highest ranking (no, you will NOT drag it out of me!), I hope to in the near future.

Handmade cards are the best, and my little man Rollins was more than able to please with this one:

Here is a recent pic of the handsome little mister with his beautiful mother:

Kat and I drove up to Nashville for a short trip. She became a master photographer, and I caught up with Jen and Zach. Good times were shared by all. Enjoy the below photos from a lovely, full weekend.

I picked up my dream car after years of wishing, hoping and praying:

We enjoyed brunch at this fun little Nashville breakfast nook:




Jennifer made Valentine's Day cookies.
Zach and I read her the directions and offered emotional support from the couch while we watched the original Superman:

Also on Saturday, Richard and Marlene (affectionately a.k.a. Mosquito and Grasshopper) celebrated 59 years of true love. Sadly I couldn't immediately locate a good pic of the two lovebirds together, but this funny oldie will have to suffice:

And tonight I get to share a homemade Valentine's dinner with one of my dearest friends Katie who has been leading wilderness therapy trips in Utah and is in town for a quick trip.

Hope you and your loved ones enjoy this Valentine's Day!

With Love,
Cricket

*Tear-It-Up Tuesday will be on Thursday this week. Please stay tuned.

4 comments:

All Of A Sudden Life Is Amazing said...

Oh Laura! I do love your blog! Thanks for loving your little man so. He loves you dearly! Katie looks beautiful in this pic! What an amazing adventure she is on! ... and I know the reason why you are extra giddy today :)

lj said...

I really want to know why you are extra happy today?! Love the new car.....and wish I could have been there for the Nashville fun! Miss you, Cricket!

laura.murphree said...

Happy Valentine's day! Thank you for the card. I will be coming through this weekend so call me and we can try to meet up. Sunday would probably be best for me if you are free.

Katie Massey said...

Laura!!! I am so thrilled to spend Valentine's Day with you. I told all my clients and friends this past week, "I have a date with my best friend from college for valentine's day". Can't wait to see what we cook up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...