Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Green Monster (aka Green Machine)




Sometimes it’s tricky getting enough fruits and veggies in your diet. If you’re always on the go like me, breakfast is usually consumed betwixt hair blow-drying, bed making, and other get-ready-for-the-day tasks. That’s why smoothies are so fabulous. You can fill a blender with as many and any combination of fruits and veggies as you like and drink it on the go.

The Green Monster has become my favorite. To make, I blend up to six cups of raw spinach with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, half a banana and four cubes of ice. When on hand, I add in a fresh peach, frozen berries and sometimes a spoonful of peanut butter. What do you add in your smoothies? I’d love to hear what makes your smoothie especially delicious to you!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...