I’ve been a long-time fan of Ms. Crow’s tunes and am quickly falling for her new, healthy cookbook she collaborated on with her personal chef, Chuck White. Think fresh fish, tasty vegetable combinations and savory treats - like zuchinni muffins - when considering this collection of eats. And, I’d like to share it with you.
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
1.) Leave a comment sharing your favorite dish that you remember your mother making when you were a child.
2.) Follow On.a.Whim.
3.) Get two entries by following + leaving a comment.
The giveaway winner will be announced on Mother’s Day. I’m looking forward to hearing the responses!
Con Buena Esperanza,
Laura K.
15 comments:
My mom made the very best pies in the world and one of the best was her freshly picked blackberry pie. She would make dumplings and layer them with the cooked blackberries and accompanying juices into layers and the layer of dumplings on top would brown slightly. Scrumpdeli-ishous.
How can I narrow this down to one dish? Though my mom did not cook often, when she did, it was delectable. I loved her Spaghetti Pie, Country "Fried" Steak, and Chicken Casserole; however, Nut Noodle was, and will always be, my favorite!!!
Smelling this dish reminds me of the few, but special, holidays together. I will always cherish the years that we did celebrate over Pineapple Casserole, Strawberry Pudding, and my mom's Nut Noodle.
*Laura, thank you for this blog...it's so fun to think back over times with my dear mom growing up. On that note, I think I will ask her to cook with me this weekend. Maybe some of her homemade peach ice-cream?
I would follow your blog again for a second entry, but I'm already a follower/stalker. :)
Interestingly enough, I was reminded of my favorite Mom-cooked meal from childhood while reading your blog not long ago. It is linguine with clam sauce! My sisters and I turned up our noses at all seafood when we were little, but the clam sauce was too good to resist (or maybe we didn't know it was seafood? ;) I can't wait to try the recipe you posted, but of course I will never be able to make it as delicious as my Mom's was. Thanks for this opportunity! I am always looking for new healthy recipes and would love to win Sheryl's cookbook.
My mom always made a delicious 4th of July dessert. I look forward to it every year! (pick me, or else...)
I remember so many things my mom made, but one thing in particular is her secret recipe Chex Mix. It's been passed down from mother to mother through the years and it's delightful!
Fun giveaway!
Hmm sounds like my kind of cookbook!! Thanks for doing a fun giveaway! My Mom is an excellent cook, but I think one of my favorite things is her meatloaf. It is out of this world and not gross at all:)
My mom always made the best fried okra.
My mom made delicious meatballs and spaghetti sauce from scratch. This cookbook looks awesome!!
My mom has so many great qualities and being a wonderful cook is definitely one of those. It's hard to pick just one favorite, but I since a kid, I've always looked forward to her banana chocolate chip pancakes! They are so simple compared to the other things she makes, but always hit the spot. Breakfast for dinner is our favorite :)
Laura, I am so thrilled about all of the blog posting as of late! I want that cookbook! I love my mom's coffee cake! It's a top secret recipe that I had to fight for a few years back.
Am loving all of these responses so far. Wish I could give a cookbook to each one of you! For those who haven't yet, you have two more days to comment and be entered into this promotion!
Although I've been checking it for a while, I'm now an official follower!
Something about your mamma's food....brings back so many memories and so much comfort. My favorites that mom still makes just for me when we visit are her corn casserole, pineapple casserole, cherry cheese pie and of course, TACO NIGHT!
Would love this cookbook! Love the title...I didn't read it...I sang it in my head! :0
So glad you're now a follower Kristi! Hope you and the boys are doing great!
Post a Comment