
I was cleaning out my personal computer files at work today and came across this very telling, frozen depiction of myself from a couple Decembers ago. It was Christmas morning and the family decided to go for an early morning jog around my parent’s neighborhood. Bossy and big-mouthed as ever, I was demonstrating via a pointed finger and clinched fist exactly what I needed someone – namely my poor father – to do. When I saw this picture, I cringed then laughed out loud and vowed to become a more quiet, submissive woman in the coming year.
B. and I went for a nice 30-minute jog last night, and it felt amazing to move my legs again. I’m excited about running the Azalea Trail in three weeks, toning up for the summer and quickening my pace. B. has committed to be my running coach as long as I provide him with vigorous plyometrics workouts in between runs, and I’m already seeing visions of London 2012. Here we go!
3 comments:
Quiet and submissive would not have helped me write all those papers in college. So keep up the bossy spirit!
I agree with Laura. Sometimes you just gotta take charge.
Thanks gals!
Post a Comment