Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kale: Nose Crinkling Not Allowed!

Apparently Kale is the new “it” food. The leafy green was a headliner in February’s Real Simple, featured on The Today Show this week, a discussion topic of last night’s phone conversation with Jen and just about the only in-season vegetable you can find at Whole Foods these days!

In my New Year’s attempt to supplement my diet with lots of veggies, I made a kale smoothie this morning. The best thing about it? It tasted nothing like kale!

I blended 1 cup chocolate soymilk, 1 TBSP peanut butter, 1 banana and 1 cup frozen, chopped kale. A yummy, healthy start to Wednesday; bottoms’ up!



BTW: I thought about titling this blogpost "What the Kale?" or "All Hail Kale," but refrained. :)

6 comments:

Karen Connor said...

stop it...you're Kale-ing me!!! Bahahaha.....

#1 Fan said...

You're a kale!

Jennifer said...

I have a GREAT, easy Kale recipe...lightly coat your kale in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Spread your kale out on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven (350 degrees) for about 10-15 min. Makes delicious Kale chips!!

LauraK said...

Thanks Jen - i'm trying out the kale chips tonight with my almond butter and jelly sandwich! Yum!

Katie Massey said...

I love Kale! What the kale is wrong with the title "all hail kale"??

Kristi said...

We love kale chips....even my boys gobble them up and ask for seconds. Must get them crispy though! What did you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...