Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fresh 'n Healthy Taco Salad

This summer has been all about experimenting with fresh ingredients - veggies, fruits, organics. Whole Foods has become my new hang out, and I'm really feeling the effects of a healthier diet; I've dropped some lbs, am sleeping better and am able to power through my triathlon training workouts. This is a delicious, fresh weeknight meal I was able to share with the Joneses. Instead of heavy, caloric dressing, I spritzed on some lime juice.

Seaside Rugged Mature English Cheddar is a flavorful, sharp cheese that is best freshly grated.

I sliced up half of an avocado into thin strips.

Used Garden of Eatin' Blue Chips - another new staple.

Browned 2/3 lbs of locally raised ground beef with a pinch of salt, and chili powder. We couldn't find cumin, but if you have some on hand, it's nice to add 1/4 tsp of that as well.


We also sliced up some Blackjack tomatoes into eighths and plated all the ingredients.
Delicious!

4 comments:

Jennifer Womble said...

Looks yum! I'm going to try this for dinner tonight!

laura.murphree said...

Looks delicious! I love taco salad...actually I just love mexican in general. We are having mexican tonight. I made a new dish if it turns out I will send it to you. It is not organic but it is low in fat! Of course you can always sub for the organic ingredients...btw, I need to tell you about this blog I have been ready...it is called nourishing gourmet.

Kat said...

It was delicious! Thanks for making us dinner! It means so much that you drop by to visit us.

LauraK said...

thanks gals. lmac - pls send that recipe my way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...